Visitors to Tools Advisor have the expectation that the site will provide them with unbiased reviews. Any attempts to mislead, influence or impersonate an end user are considered fraudulent, and will be subject to penalties.
Examples of fraud include (but are not limited to):
- Companies writing a review for their own product/service.
- Impersonating an end user.
- Utilising any optimisation company, marketing organisation, or third party to submit reviews.
- Offering incentives in exchange for positive reviews.
- Selectively soliciting reviews (bye-mail, surveys or any other means) only from end users who will give positive reviews.
- Discouraging end users from posting negative reviews.
- Pressuring customers to remove a negative review.
- Attempting to damage a competitor by submitting a negative review of their product/service.